I had the privilege of staying home with my sons until my youngest was five years old, kindergarten age. And I would have remained a stay at home mom if my marriage had stayed intact. It did not and so began my journey as an educator. 

I graduated from New York City College of Technology with an Associate in Applied Science degree in dental hygiene in 1995, prior to marrying and starting a family. For twenty years I have enjoyed being a dental hygienist in various offices in this great city. In that time I have had the good fortune of working with the finest dentists, dental hygienists and dental assistants. They have been generous with both their knowledge and friendship and I am eternally grateful for both. After practicing for 15 years I returned to school and earned a Bachelor of Science degree, also in dental hygiene from the University of Bridgeport. During that education I realized my true passion was teaching. I became a Clinical Professor at New  York University College of Dentistry and my alma mater, New York City College of Technology. I continued my studies and earned a Master of Science in Education, Higher Education Administration degree from Baruch College. Shortly thereafter I became an Assistant Professor here at Hostos Community College.

Being a Latina (I was born in Puero Rico) the mission of Hostos resonates deeply with me. I can never forget my first days here.... walking through the halls and hearing salsa music..... laughing along as students told jokes in Spanish in the elevator.... meeting other faculty and (then) President, Felix Matos Rodriguez, who heartily display the spirit and warmth of the Hispanic culture. I look forward to a long and fulfilling career here, to share all the knowledge I have received with the same standard of excellence and generosity with which it was given to me.